9927 Wayne Avenue
Lincoln Heights, OH
St. Martin de Porres Church in Lincoln Heights, OH was originally know as St. Christina Parish. Shortly after Martin de Porres was beatified, the parish chose to change its name to reflect its African-American heritage and became Blessed Martin de Porres Parish. It changed its name again when Blessed Martin was canonized and became St. Martin de Porres.
After merging with St. Agnes, St. Andrew and St. Mark Parishes, the property was sold to Lincoln Heights Missionary Baptist Church, and it continues to serve the people of God with another congregation.
The baptismal font, candle sticks, processional cross and the icon of St. Martin continue to be used at the Church of the Resurrection. A pew from St. Martin de Porres Parish was refashioned into a shelf in the Parish Office conference room, where it dispays a collection of African art. The statue of Mary that once stood outside of St. Martin de Porres now stands near the side entrance at the Church of the Resurrection, and the piano from St. Martin is used in the every week in the music room.
The altar and ambo from St. Martin now reside in the campus minstry center at Wright State University near Dayton.
1619 California Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45237
The Church of the Resurrection is an urban Catholic community with people of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds, who have come together to serve God through various ministries and outreach programs. We encourage love of all God’s people by promoting spiritual growth through the love of God and the teachings of Christ Jesus through the Gospels. We stand firm in our beliefs.